The Larry Hoffman|Greenberg Traurig* Startup Practicum
Do you have a business idea? Do you need legal advice? Have no money to hire a lawyer?
The UM startup clinic can help!
Law students in the practicum are eager to help clients with organizing, financing, talent, intellectual property, risk, regulation, and other legal issues that arise for entrepreneurs as they launch their new businesses and organizations.
Examples of work that the Startup Practicum assist clients with:
- Helping select and form (or restructure) a business entity
- Drafting agreements, terms of service, privacy policies, and other documents
- Evaluating existing agreements and other documents
- Helping file for intellectual property (patents, trademarks, and copyrights)
- Creating strategies to help structure and grow the business
Want to meet with members of the clinic?
Please click HERE
The Practicum launched Spring 2016. Even though the practicum is new, the practicum already has over 50 clients and continuing to grow and accept more applications. The students involved in the practicum have a diverse set of interests. The practicum is very flexible and is willing to listen and help any and all ideas. Our goal is to turn these ideas into opportunities for growth and success.
* The Startup Practicum is supported by a gift made to the Law School by individuals at Greenberg Traurig in the name of Larry Hoffman. No other relationship between the Startup Practicum and the fim or individuals there exists.