Encourage. Empower. Motivate.
Starting a business is a difficult process, wrought with all kinds of challenges along the way. Reports show that women end up starting only 20% of all businesses, despite making up a majority of the working population. If you dig deeper you’ll find that an even smaller percentage of business owners are minority female-owned businesses. Supporting women entrepreneurs is critical to the success of our country.
There are over 252 million women entrepreneurs and around 34% of US businesses are women owned!
Who We Are
Women Making Moves aims to build a support program for this largely underrepresented and underserved population. WMM offers mentorship, resources, and a collaborative environment where women can thrive and grow in their businesses. WMM provides women entrepreneurs with a platform through which they can connect, build relationships, and take their business leadership skills to the next level.
- Commit to Bi-weekly meetings
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with other entrepreneurs
- Motivated individual or team with an entrepreneurial spirit and a team player
- Abide by Launchpad’s policies and practices
- This opportunity is open to anyone who identifies as a female
- Impactful resources to drive business results
- Networking sessions and a variety of topic series
- Team building experiences in a collaborative environment
- Mentorship sessions focused on helping students launch their business idea
- Comprehensive workshops from skill building to scaling
“Sam is such a great mentor. It’s refreshing to have someone who is older than me treat me like an equal like she does. One thing about Sam, she is always there to help whether it be something life changing or even something others would deem insignificant like a disagreement between friends. The support Sam provides is one that I wish to be able to spread to others as I continue to make moves. I’ve had a number of mentors in my life and Sam is the one who’s truly made an impact!”
Thank you, Sam💖 Ruth C. Rocker – CEO of Chē Collection
“Sam is such a supportive force. She has been a cheerleader when I was unsure of my path, as well as, a therapist when I just need an ear to listen. Having her on my team was probably one the best decision I made on my journey so far. Her mentorship helped me to take the first step in the development of my first business venture. ”
Nya Eason – Entrepreneur